The following batteries and chargers are recommended:
- Panasonic NCR18650B –
- Orbtronic ORB3500P –
- Nitecore D4 –
- Nitecore D2 –
A few notes on usage:
- Refer to this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc1o9m1Pok0) for disassembling the hilt.
- With the Bluetooth adapter installed, it is not possible to remove the electronics from the 3D printed chassis.
- Please be careful when taking off the lower section of the Graflex hilt. Ensure the clamp does not catch on the button wires.
- Do not forget to disconnect the button wires before removing the inner chassis.
- The saber will enter a low power state after a period of inactivity, 1 minute by default. Pressing the red button switch will boot the saber. After taking a moment to boot, pressing the red button switch again will ignite the blade.
- Pressing the button on top of the Teensy board will put the board in to software update mode. To exit this mode, you must cycle power by removing the batteries, or connect the Teensy to your computer and restart through the Teensy loader program. Pressing the red power button will not exit this mode!
- Currently only the Adafruit Bluefruit app is supported for Bluetooth connectivity. Use the “controller” mode.
- To remove the batteries, it is suggested that you wrap the batteries with scotch tape to create a handle. Otherwise gentle prying on one side of the batteries with a small screw driver works as well.
- There will be software updates providing additional features in the future. https://thefirebrandforge.com/lightsaber/software/
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! Any feedback is appreciated. A share on reddit or other social media helps us greatly!